DOOM. id Software's original masterpiece. Quite possibly the most played game around here (and that's saying a lot... we were addicted to EverQuest for years!)
We still love DOOM. We still play DOOM. So when we saw an open source project called Legacy DOOM spring to life, we grabbed it and started playing. And once we started playing, we saw an opportunity to dive into the code and "fix" some things that we always thought should work another way...
- Armor -- It actually means something now. No longer will you die with 150% armor remaining. The amount of damage you take has been modified so that armor takes the brunt of the punishment.
- What A Mess! -- Shooting a rocket or a barrel will make the excess corpses in the area splatter. Funny to see and it really cleans up the levels a lot. And closing doors will crush corpses too.
- Enhanced Cheat Codes -- Some of the cheat codes give you a few extra things... like IDKFA gives a backpack now
Luggage DOOM - TODO List
The following is a list of known issues and other items we hope to add to the game at some future point:
- Point blank attacks should do max damage
- Adjust accuracy
- Spawn generator - abort if something is in that spot (it currently clears spot then spawns)
- OpenGL - blood splatter doesn't look right
- Arch-vile rez sometimes causes mobs to be stuck inside one another
- If a corpse is slop, don't rez it (code in place, still contemplating whether or not to do this)
- Explosion splat doesn't move with door
- Finding many door graphic offsets wrong. Are all textures loading correctly?
- Vertical lookup anomaly in outside zones
- Is sky texture offset correct?
- Behind cover, increase difficulty to hit
- Skull spitter sometimes spits them straight down, maybe a height problem?
- Weird sound bug when firing, sound disappears or is truncated. (pertains to direct sound and occurs with shotgun and chaingun)
Luggage DOOM is a mod to the original game(s). You have to buy a copy of DOOM to use this, or download the limited Shareware WAD file from the Download tab. Buying DOOM will be interesting, but should be possible... What you want is called DOOM Collector's Edition and there are used copies on Amazon.com if you click here
DOOM is owned by id Software
The following changes have been made since the initial release of Luggage DOOM:
DOOM Engine Changes: 3-12-06 upd- recompiled with FMOD 3.75 and Zlib 1.2.3 includes 7-20-05 fix- blood splats no longer cross/trigger linedefs 7-17-05 fix- raising floor to shortest lower texture did not work correctly it would not factor in vertical offset 7-09-05 fix- blood splats no longer teleport chg- increase max skulls from 20 to 40 some levels begin with 30 or so skulls 6-17-05 fix- vile rez was set to line of site (you to corpse) if you were around a corner the rez would fail chg- vile rez failure will now remove the corpse in question rez failure would cause a rez loop until crashing add- 60 degree angle definition chg- retarded viewing angle limit from ~25 to 60 degrees 6-12-05 chg- removed blood splatter from skulls add- if skull spawns outside of map, kill it add- if vile rezzed mob ouside of map, kill it fix- rocket sauce code allowed continued splatting of corpses, not now 6-11-05 fix- inadvertently fixed GOD mode screen change bug not sure how but now it works, might have been my video card 6-10-05 fix- graphic bug on status bar after saving game 6-09-05 add- code for saucing corpses with rockets 6-05-05 chg- cheat (IDDQD) could die by frag, not anymore now gives 200% health chg- cheat (IDKFA) now gives 200% health, was giving none now gives backpack chg- damage to you now takes 75% from armor, until armor is gone and 25% from your health chg- damage from you punch > was 2-20 now 6-20 berserk > was 20-200 now 60-200 chainsaw > was 2-20 now 6-20 pistol > was 5-15 now 6-20 shotgun > was 5-15 now 6-20 7 targets shotgun+ > was 5-15 now 6-20 20 targets chaingun > was 5-15 now 6-20 plasma > ? BFG > was 15-120 now 45-150 40 targets chg- pain elemental skull limit of 20 code was commented out, now it is in chg- spawn generator removed chance to spawn archvile chg- damage from enemy troop > was 3-24 now 6-20 sergeant > was 4-40 now 6-20 Launcher Changes: 4-14-06 upd- had to re-recompile because some systems do not have the required dll. i think it is related to .NET but didn't care to find out, so now it is standalone. unfortunately, the launcher is now 2.5 times bigger. 4-13-06 upd- recompiled as release instead of debug, which was causing a missing dll error. 3-26-06 upd- recompiled with DirectX SDK Feb2006 3-25-06 chg- changed program icon 3-12-06 upd- recompiled with FMOD 3.75 and Zlib 1.2.3 includes 1-14-06 new- downloaded & modified launcher code add- LuggageDoom graphic
Luggage DOOM is Beerware.
That means it's FREE to download and use as much as you want.There's no time limits, no spyware, no advertisements, none of that. If you love our program and want to help us out, you can make a donation via the PayPal link to the right.
Download v1.43 (1.4 MB)
Download v1.43 (1.3 MB)
Original Wad FixesRequirements:
Registered wad files
These fix a number of issues in the original game wads (missing keys, graphic bugs, etc)
DOOM 2 fixes (155 kb)
Final DOOM: Plutonia fixes (439 kb)
Final DOOM: TNT fixes (928 kb)
Balls to the WallRequirements:
Registered DOOM 2
New sounds, graphics, and 7 levels for DOOM 2. This is very immature and hilarious. Contains strong language and comical nudity
Full Wad (2.7 MB)
Smaller (req install) (698 kb)
Any version of DOOM
These are three levels Jamie made years ago
Dream (12.6 kb)
EHS (10.3 kb)
Star Base (20.7 kb)
We are mirroring the Shareware DOOM because you need at least this to play Luggage DOOM
Full 1.9 Shareware version (2.3 MB)
Just the Shareware WAD (1.7 MB)
Legacy DOOM was open source, so shall this be
Luggage DOOM (1.9 MB)
Luggage Launcher (1.5 MB)